Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, January 24, 2015

13036

Slovenia: Hike in My Village


For a long time I had a trail in my head, that leads from Koča na Prevalu mountain hut to a place know to locals as "Za Šijo" and today I decided to find it together with Nada and our dog Ben. First part was easy, since we walked from home to Ljubelj, past the bunker, through the tunnels to a hut mentioned before. From there the track became more difficult, as it was covered with snow, so it was hardly visible and the hike was more a walk through a steep slippery forest. Nada was already losing her patience, but since she knew if we turn around, it wouldn't be any better, we kept on going. We reached the point, where I decided to leave the trail and decided to descent straight to "Za Šijo". Fun for me, not at all for Nada and her ankle, still we managed. After some time we arrived back to a normal trail. In a hunter's hut we run into my schoolmate from primary school, so we had a short stop for a beer and juice. Thanks Simon. We continued towards home without any problems.

View from the bunker to Ljubelj Pass

View to Šentanska valley - Podljubelj, where you can also see our starting point

View to Lake Bled and Julian Alps

Descent with the use of two techniques, walking and skiing

Roundtrip in Podljubelj

No comments:

Post a Comment